Managing Director of Staffing Services
Managing Director of Staffing Services
Reports to: President & CEO
Date: June, 2018
Scope of Responsibility:
The Managing Director - Staffing Services is both a strategic selling/relationship development role and an operational leadership role. A successful performer will be able to build and foster ongoing, effective relationships with current and prospective staffing clients at all levels within an organization (CMO to Manager), and effectively manage the people, processes and day to day operations of the Creatis staffing function. The Director is accountable for the overall financial performance of Creatis Staffing division.
The Creatis Managing Director of Staffing Services will be a well-connected business professional with established relationships with creative, marketing, human resources and other business professionals across the Twin Cities. This person will be experienced in developing and managing a profitable line of business, with direct experience and familiarity with how advertising/creative services team operate and how staffing augmentation can create value for clients. The key responsibility is to strategically develop new business from past and existing clients, and to effectively lead the delivery of all staffing processes to optimize short and long-term profitability and growth. The right individual will embody and relish the core values of Creatis: Teamwork, Partnership, Of Service, Do What’s Right, Be Excellent and Shared Journey.
• Achieve Revenue and Profit Goals: Has full responsibility for directly managing and achieving the expected financial performance of the Creatis Staffing line of business; and has accountability for supporting the achievement of total financial performance for the company.
• Deliver Strategic Account Development and Maintain an Active Book of Business: Responsible for qualifying and securing leads, prospects and customers for staffing business within current or new clients as well as leads/prospects/HOPS from own network. Manages dedicated Book of Business, with direct responsibility to retain and grow revenue and profit from existing clients, either personally or working through Staffing team. Follows and enhances the established sales pipeline account development process and ensures that team follows staffing client engagement touch point best practices. Creates and maintains leads, prospects and old/new client data and information within CRM system.
• Manage Day to Day Staffing Operations & Maximize Employee Engagement: Actively manages overall operations of the Creatis Staffing team and processes, ensuring high-quality and timely delivery of services to our clients and effective management of employees including sourcing/screening of candidates to fill assignments. Is responsible for the hiring, retention and engagement of Creatis employees. and the achievement of all success metrics including staffing revenue, wages/billing, profit margins and weekly activity metrics.
• Leadership Team: Is a contributing member of Creatis’ leadership team with effective use and involvement in E.O.S. (Entrepreneurial Operating System) system. Actively offers strategic business perspective and input for overall operations while effectively driving the profitability of the Creatis Staffing business unit. Remains aligned to Creatis’ unique positioning and core values, and consistently operates under tenets of trust, respect, and open and honest communication.
• Lead, Manage, and Accountability: Leads by example and maintain high level of productivity for self and team. Holds self and team accountable. Fosters a culture of collaboration and focus on excellence. Effectively leads/manages self and team to achieve financial plan and growth goals.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
• Minimum of seven years of experience in a business management (marketing, human resources, recruiting, business development) role with leadership responsibilities including managing direct reports, with at least 10 years of professional experience in total.
• Has had direct accountability and proven success in managing a P&L and operating budget and achieving financial goals/plan.
• Ability and experience in selling to “C” level executives - primarily the CMO/EVP/SVP of marketing, human resources or procurement plus the ‘second-in-command’ marketing staff (Director or Sr. Manager).
• Background and/or understanding of marketing and creative processes.
• Strong leadership skills and experience, with proven success in leading and managing others and working effectively within cross-functional teams.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and the management of multiple tasks of equal priority. Uses sound judgment and has proven ability to problem-solve.
• Strong negotiating, influencing, and coaching skills in a fast-paced environment.
• Wide and significant professional network.
• Familiarity with Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) a plus.