Job title: Proofreader
Experience level: 5 + years
Hours/week: 40 onsite
• Proofreader — not a Copywriter or Copy Editor. There may be some light touch writing involved, but the primary role is to ensure accuracy, consistency and attention to detail.
• The Proofreader will interact with other members of the team on a daily basis, including writers, graphic designers, account coordinators and marketing managers.
• Experience preferred. This is not for a junior level position and the ideal candidate has in-house or agency experience. Financial background is helpful, but not required.
• Must have familiarity with different styles of grammar, such as AP Stylebook, Chicago Manual of Style, etc. Experience working with corporate brand guidelines a plus.
• Strong grammar, spelling and punctuation skills.
• Must be detail and deadline oriented.
• Working knowledge of Mac OS, Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat. Experience using Workfront a plus.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to successfully juggle and deliver multiple projects and proactively communicate status and issues.