Relationship Manager (Active Search!)
Scope of Responsibility:
The Relationship Manager (RM) is focused on strategic selling and relationship building with a wide array of Creatis clients. A successful RM will be excellent at building and maintaining long-term client and employee relationships, with experience at both the strategic and execution levels. A successful performer will bring a proven ability in strategic account development with past and current clients at all levels within an organization (VP to Manager) with experience in growing a book of accounts over the short and long term.
Additionally, an effective Relationship Manager has experience in successfully finding, recruiting, engaging and managing relationships with Creatis employees and matching them successfully to the right job with the right client. The RM is responsible for the financial performance of a book of accounts and directly manages the day-to-day interactions with both clients and employees.
He/she is accountable to complete weekly activities and meet/exceed associated metrics that drive the desired financial outcomes of revenue and profit from the assigned book of accounts. While the RM works collaboratively with the Staffing team and the expanded Creatis leadership/administrative team, a successful individual will effectively work independently and be competitive, achievement-oriented with a strong desire/competitive to win, and a focus on achieving results.
The Creatis Relationship Manager will be an experienced and connected business professional ideally with established relationships with creative, marketing, human resources and other business professionals across the Twin Cities. He/she will have direct experience and familiarity with how marketing/creative services teams operate and how staffing augmentation can create value for clients. The key responsibility is to retain current clients and generate future revenue by growing existing or previous clients; while effectively recruiting and placing Creatis employees within our client companies.
He/she will have incredible drive, be a self-starter and strong at problem solving - and is someone whom others describe as motivated, resourceful, smart with an intense sense of urgency and desire to win. This individual must represent Creatis with an outgoing and professional attitude and is someone who has the ability to interact and connect with mid- through senior-level business professionals with both clients and employee. The right individual will embody and relish the core values of Creatis: Teamwork, Of Service, Do What’s Right, Be Excellent and Shared Journey.
- Strategic Account Development (30% of time): Responsible to grow an assigned book of accounts by retaining current business and going ‘wide and deep’ through warm selling to secure new business. Accountable to find, qualify and convert new clients by following the established sales pipeline management process and staffing engagement touch point plan. All strategic account development efforts will include ongoing documentation of plans, activities and metrics, and the creation and maintenance of leads, prospects and old/new client data and information within the NetSuite CRM system.
- Ongoing Client Management and Retention (20% of time): Builds, maintains and grows relationships with hiring managers, procurement managers and decision makers for clients in book of business. Ensures high-quality and timely delivery of services including qualifying new client needs, conducting client intakes, effectively matching and submitting employees to client contracts, facilitating effective interviews, managing the client and employee follow-up discussion and closing of a high percentage of staffing assignments worked on. Ensures the ongoing documentation of all client contacts within CRM, as well as the timely reporting.
- Employee Recruiting, Matching and Onboarding (20% of time): Utilizes networks, online searches/postings, internal database and other sources to source and maintain a pipeline of potential Creatis employees. Proactively sources potential Creatis employees for ongoing jobs and creatively leverages resources to find ‘hard-to-find’ positions or those in high demand. Conducts effective phone and in person interview for all Creatis employees prior to an interview or placement. Maintains a working knowledge of all Creatis employees, so can effectively and efficiently match employees to potential assignments. Facilitates the interviewing and onboarding process for new employees, handling the logistics and other details needed.
- Ongoing Engagement of Employees (20% of time): Actively interfaces with employees and completes quarterly/ongoing check-ins and Annual Reviews. Conducts on-site visits with employees on a regular and as-needed basis to both drive engagement and to gather business intel. Effectively handles and resolves employee issues as they arise, on own or in conjunction with Vice President, as needed. Actively solicits and manages referrals from employees and supports the participation and engagement of employees via on-site visits and through participation at Creatis-sponsored events.
- Administration/Documentation (10% of time): Completes ongoing documentation in NetSuite (CRM) and executes needed reporting for all sales, client and employee interactions. Responsible for the creation of client/employee and project records in NetSuite CRM for all assignments in a timely and complete manner.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Human Resources or related field
- 5 - 7 years of professional experience with proven track record of B2B strategic account management preferably in marketing/creative/advertising functional area (although other functional areas acceptable)
- Experience in sourcing, recruiting, hiring and engaging employees
- Ability and experience in interfacing with all levels within an organization including executive-level individuals - primarily the CMO/VP of marketing or human resources plus the ‘second-in-command’ marketing/creative team (Director and Manager) in addition to procurement professionals
- Background and/or understanding of marketing and creative processes (industry experience could include advertising, creative services, interactive, print, marketing staffing/studio services, managing a marketing team within an organization, etc)
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and the management of multiple tasks of equal priority
- Uses sound judgment and has proven ability to problem-solve with strong organizational skills and an attention to detail
- Significant and growing professional network within the Twin Cities marketplace
- Self-starter resourceful, enthusiastic, operates with a sense of urgency, quick-starter with able to meet multiple priorities in a demanding and deadline-oriented environment
- Has incredible drive with intense sense of urgency, strong desire to win with a focus on achieving results
- Excellent relationship-building skills plus written and oral communication skills required
- Proficient with MicroSoft office suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) required; familiarity with a CRM tool such as NetSuite or MicroSoft CRM as plus