Relationship Manager - Studio (Active Search!)
Title: Relationship Manager
Reports to: Managing Director of Studio Services
Direct reports: Indirect management of 10-15 Studio team
Date: November 2020
Scope of Responsibility:
The Relationship Manager (RM) is focused on strategic selling and relationship building with a wide array of Creatis clients. A successful RM will be excellent at building and maintaining long-term client relationships, with experience at both the strategic and execution levels. They will bring a proven ability in strategic account development with past and current clients at all levels within an organization (VP to Manager) with experience in growing a book of accounts.
Additionally, an effective Studio RM has a proven track record of successfully engaging with clients to scope and execute a wide array of marketing and creative projects. The will be skilled in traditional Project Management work flows engaging both internal resources and external clients for successful project completion. The RM is responsible for the financial performance of a book of accounts and directly manages the day-to-day interactions with clients. Financial acumen is a must have for accurate proposal and estimate development, as well as precise monthly reporting and billing.
The RM is accountable to complete weekly activities and meet/exceed associated metrics to drive the desired financial outcomes of revenue and profit from the assigned book of accounts. A successful individual will effectively work independently and be competitive, achievement-oriented with a strong desire/competitive to win with a focus on achieving results.
The Relationship Manager is an experienced and connected business professional ideally with established relationships with creative, marketing, media, print and other business professionals across the Twin Cities. The key responsibility is to retain current clients and generate future revenue by growing existing or previous clients; while sourcing, scoping and managing the execution of project for client companies.
He/she will have incredible drive, be a self-starter and strong at problem solving - and is someone whom others describe as motivated, resourceful, smart with an intense sense of urgency and desire to win. This individual must represent Creatis with an outgoing and professional attitude and is someone who has the ability to interact and connect with mid- through senior-level business professionals.
The right individual will embody and relish the core values of Creatis: Teamwork, Of Service, Do What’s Right, Be Excellent and Shared Journey.
- Strategic Account Development (25% of time): Responsible to grow an assigned book of accounts by retaining current business and going ‘wide and deep’ through warm selling to secure new business. Accountable to find, qualify and convert new clients, and expand volume with current clients, by following the established sales pipeline management process. All strategic account development efforts will include ongoing documentation of plans, activities and metrics, and the creation and maintenance of leads, prospects and old/new client information within the NetSuite CRM system.
- Ongoing Client Management and Retention (25% of time): Builds, maintains and grows relationships with clients in defined book of business to maintain and grow each account. Engages with, and leads, the Studio team for the delivery of high-quality and timely delivery of all services for the projects in for clients in your book of business. Works with Managing Director of Studio Services for ongoing evaluation, prioritization and definition of highest opportunity accounts. Also supports Managing Director for problem resolution and Quarterly Business Reviews across all clients, as needed.
- Project Scoping and Management (25% of time): Engages with clients to define, estimate, secure and deliver on a wide variety of creative projects. Manages the end to end definition and delivery of projects including client intakes, creation of estimates, confirming a project, scheduling of studio resources and oversight of project execution to ensure all work is completed on time, on budget and without errors. Achieves all success metrics including client revenue and profit, close rate on studio estimates/proposals, utilization (% of time billed to clients), client satisfaction, quality standards and defined activity metrics related to account development (i.e. client meetings, referrals, etc.).
- Proposal, Estimate & Billing Management (10% of time, is included in billable time): Develops and presents to clients comprehensive and persuasive proposals and estimates for Studio opportunities for assigned accounts. Partners with Managing Director and internal team to gather input, develop scope-of-work centered on functional and business requirements and troubleshoot based on historical “like” projects. Win/loss ratio for all submitted estimates is key measurement of success. Responsible for the creation, approval and finalization of monthly Studio client billing, invoicing and reporting.
- Resource Management (10% of time): Draw on current and future project knowledge to maintain ongoing Studio staffing levels for efficient and effective resource management. Partners with Managing Director of Studio Services to actively maintain appropriate level of Studio functional team to achieve a minimum monthly billable percentage of 90% on a weekly average per quarter.
- Administration/Documentation (5% of time): Completes ongoing documentation in NetSuite (CRM) and executes needed reporting for all prospect/client and project completion.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
- 6-8 years of professional experience with proven track record of B2B strategic account management preferably in marketing/creative/advertising/media. Experienced in project management in a professional services environment.
- Ability and experience in interfacing with all levels within an organization including executive-level individuals - primarily the CMO/VP of marketing or creative plus the ‘second-in-command’ marketing/creative team (Director and Manager).
- Understanding of marketing and creative processes (industry experience could include advertising, creative services, digital, printing, media or similar organizations)
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and the management of multiple tasks of equal priority. Uses sound judgment and has proven ability to problem-solve with strong organizational skills and an attention to detail.
- Significant and growing professional network within the Twin Cities marketplace.
- Self-starter resourceful, enthusiastic, operates with a sense of urgency, quick-starter with able to meet multiple priorities in a demanding and deadline-oriented environment.
- Has incredible drive with intense sense of urgency, strong desire to win with a focus on achieving results.
- Excellent relationship-building skills plus written and oral communication skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, and technical platforms including project & content management systems and CRM systems (Netsuite or similar)