Event Specialist (Active Search!)
W-2 Contract Details:
Duration: contract-to-hire (3 month contract period)
- Project and Budget Management: Create and manage event plans and budgets to produce impactful events on time and on budget
- Collaboration & Partnerships: Work effectively with staff, volunteer leaders and external partners to plan and implement events, conferences, meetings and special projects that reach organizational goals.
- Implementation: Ensure all aspects of event are implemented as planned, providing on-site oversight of venue logistics and vendors, supporting speakers and other program participants in their roles, and guiding the various event elements to a successful conclusion.
- Evaluation: Create and implement systematic evaluation of events to inform future plans
- Development: Cultivate new sponsorships including the presentation of customized proposals and the creation of new sponsorship products to reach organizational goals
- Relationships: Conduct sponsor follow-ups and support, ensuring a satisfactory customer experience and retention
- Contract and project management: Oversee sponsor contracts and track sponsorship sales with a goal of continual growth and diversification of the client's revenue stream
Marketing Support (10%)
● Strategy, Planning and Management: Assist in the creation, implementation and/or evaluation of marketing and communications plans, calendars, channels (digital and print)), processes and budgets. Follow agile newsroom approach.
- Branding: Adhere to the client’s brand strategy and support efforts to ensure brand consistency in the design of its communications channels and marketing materials
- Create creative outputs: Assist in writing and editing member materials, blogs, news releases, social media posts and other materials.
- Other duties as assigned
● 3 - 5 years of professional experience in planning and executing events; and developing and managing sponsor relationships
● 2+ years of experience in marketing, communications or related field
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize for success; deadline oriented
● Innovative and highly motivated; works well independently as well as collaboratively
● Able to use technology effectively in a business setting to accomplish work tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams)
· Access to personal transportation reimbursable for mileage within the five-county region we serve: Hennepin, Scott, Carver, Sibley and McLeod Counties
Prefer candidates with experience in:
- Previous experience in the real estate industry
- WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, email newsletter platforms, CRM
Traits and abilities that are common among people who would thrive in this environment
● Has cultural fluency and understands the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the industry and the workplace
● Customer-centric mindset
● Takes a solution-based approach to overcoming challenges and remains resilient
● Communicates with candor and care
Qualified and interested candidates can click here to apply: Apply Now!