Values on a Stick - Lessons Learned from the Great Minnesota Get-Together
So it's that time again - the Great Minnesota Get-together aka the Minnesota State Fair - where you can find machinery hill, blue-ribbon pies, cute baby pigs and just about anything on a stick. So why not Values-On-A-Stick? How cool (and impactful) might that be if every employee in your company carried around your core values on a stick and truly embodied them in all that he/she does? Feasible? Not really. But then again who knew you could put Hot Dish on a Stick (VERY Minnesotan) or even Summit on a Stick (OK - it's just a flight of beer but whatever...).
When Dodd Clasen started Creatis more than 20 years ago, he knew that a for us to remain relevant and successful we had to be based on something bigger than just his vision; that a group of talented professionals could bind together to create something bigger than themselves. Dodd defined our core values which remain in place today - and which guide us on how we approach busienss, select our employees, serve our clients and manage within. The Creatis core values are:
- Teamwork. We versus me - own your part.
- Of Service. Making a true difference for our clients, employees and community.
- Doing What's Right. For the greater good - balancing the needs of Creatis, our clients and our employees.
- Be Excellent. How you do anything is how you do everything - strive to be excellent always.
- Shared Journey. Creating opportunities and building something bigger than yourself - pay it forward.